What's new

Good Eats - Food network (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
By the way, for the original poster, do a search on "Alton Brown" or "Good Eats" here at the HTF. You will not find a cooking thread on this site that does not mention AB or his show.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I love the show and learned how to make Fried Chicken for the very first time from his show. My recipe is slightly different though.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
ive said it before, and ill say it again...

Alton Brown is the Bill Nye of cooking... :D

my fav on the food network

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I am a HUGE fan of this show. :emoji_thumbsup:

What I especially love is the fact Alton Brown goes into a lot of the explanations of how certain foods are cooked and does it in such an entertaining way you want to see more. Pity he's spending more time doing Iron Chef America nowadays because I really like him to do more Good Eats episodes. :)

Todd_B

Second Unit
Count me in as another AB worshipper. I've learned so much from his show(s) which resulted in a less cluttered, more sanitized kitchen.

..not to mention better eats ;)

Wash those chickeny hands!

Todd B

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Ah, I missed the first few eps of the new crop. Glad to see she's back.

I'm not a nutritional anthropologist... but she is!

I have to say that Romancing the Bird is the best episode of Good Eats I've seen, with The Bulb of the Night running a close second.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I wanted to add that while I enjoy the show sometimes AB is not consistent when it comes to his standards.

He has often talked about how he doesn't like unitasker (spelling?) tools but low and behold one of his favorite tools is the king of unitaskers. I'm of course referring to his love for the electric water kettle.

Hay AB all it does is heat water and that is it.

It is a UNITASKER!

You could use a regular old pot to accomplish the exact same thing. :)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

That one is even better shown as a double feature with the "snowed in" one. The basis for the snowed in episode was that after they wrapped "Romancing the Bird", no one could go home from the studio because of 1" of snow that pummled Georgia, so Alton had to feed the crew using all the turkey leftovers. The crew started to revolt because of cabin fever, so he had to come up with more and more creative leftover recipes. Combine that scenario with him finding robot 'W' in a back room and hilarity is guaranteed.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I think I saw him use it to heat broth for risotto once, so he may be off the hook. If I'm remembering correctly, I guess the fire extinguisher is safe as the only unitasker he owns.

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator

You are correct, sir. And I made that risotto once, and it was seriously... (cue theme music)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Alton's a very smart guy and a fellow University of Georgia alum as well. Go Dawgs! :)

I haven't tried any of his recipes yet. But they do look good.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Good Eats is finally back on the food networks. So far they did episodes on Chicken Parm and Ancient Grains. They have also updated several older episodes in what they call "Good Eats Reloaded".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks