Good DVD player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Najib_H, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Najib_H

Najib_H Stunt Coordinator

Well I am almost done with my home theater and now i need the DVD player. Which is a good one for the money. I want one with porgressive scan, it must have that, DVD audio or SACD, it's not that important to me. I don't have slightest idea where to look. thanks in advance.

Najib_H

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

JVC 70BK/75GD, Toshiba 4700/5700, Panasonic RP91---all for single play. Only the Panny is pricey for these feature levels. I am personally not a big fan of Sony products but info on them is easy to source.

You did not specify high-end or mid-level. Of course there are audiophile/videophile units out there but I live in the champagne taste/beer budget world.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Najib, Paul made some good suggestions. Definitely look at the Toshiba players ($250 for the '4700 and $300 for the '5700) and the Panasonic 'RP91 (under $500 from J&R Music World). In addition, look at the Panasonic 'RP56 for $230 at Best Buy. The 'RP56 is a scaled back version of the 'RP56. Basically, the 'RP56 lacks DVD-Audio and the scaling feature offered on the 'RP91. The Panasonic progressive-scan players have been getting high marks on this site. Do a search.