What's new

Good DVD player (1 Viewer)

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Well I am almost done with my home theater and now i need the DVD player. Which is a good one for the money. I want one with porgressive scan, it must have that, DVD audio or SACD, it's not that important to me. I don't have slightest idea where to look. thanks in advance.

Najib_H

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
JVC 70BK/75GD, Toshiba 4700/5700, Panasonic RP91---all for single play. Only the Panny is pricey for these feature levels. I am personally not a big fan of Sony products but info on them is easy to source.

You did not specify high-end or mid-level. Of course there are audiophile/videophile units out there but I live in the champagne taste/beer budget world.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Najib, Paul made some good suggestions. Definitely look at the Toshiba players ($250 for the '4700 and $300 for the '5700) and the Panasonic 'RP91 (under $500 from J&R Music World). In addition, look at the Panasonic 'RP56 for $230 at Best Buy. The 'RP56 is a scaled back version of the 'RP56. Basically, the 'RP56 lacks DVD-Audio and the scaling feature offered on the 'RP91. The Panasonic progressive-scan players have been getting high marks on this site. Do a search.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks