What's new

good deal or scam?? (1 Viewer)

EricTownsend

Stunt Coordinator
After checking out that ad and reading the fine print and checking his feedback, I'd be inclined to think it is not a scam, but it is most likely a "Gray Market" product.... Just meaning it may or may not actually be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. I would check with someone in the know on that... Maybe call Sony.
I would also write to the seller and ask any and all questions. Then, depending on his responses, decide. You can learn more about the seller by communicating before the sale. Save those emails too in case there are questions later. Not to generalize too much, but if the guy writes back to you and you can barely understand his english, then I'd be wary in case you need support later. Although it looks like he only sells and does not support.
Anyway, it is about $800 less than Crutchfield sells it for, but that $800 might be good piece of mind unless you are stretching the budget to the limit already...
It is definately good to be cautious.
EDIT: Oh yeah... He is selling out of Jersey which is where most Gray Market products are sold in this country (New York too)...

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L

Not sure about this statement, that was hidden under the specs. (why does that happen I wonder?)

benjaminBen

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the help i will probably not buy from him...just too big of risk...thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks