Good deal on this remote, and has anyone used it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JerryHatchett, Feb 8, 2003.

1. JerryHatchett

JerryHatchett Stunt Coordinator

I'm waiting for the new color Prontos to come down several hundred bucks before making my long-term remote purchase, but have been looking at some others for the short-term. Just got an e-mail from CompGeeks with this Sony RM-VL1000 for $47.75. Anyone know anything about it?

Sony remote at CompGeeks

[​IMG]

Thanks...

Jerry

P.S. I'm NOT affiliated with CompGeeks in any way nor am I trying to generate sales for them. Just genuinely wondering as to whether anyone has firsthand experience with this remote.

2. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

3. Todd K

Todd K Second Unit

Wow, that may be the lowest price I've ever seen for that remote.

The remotecentral link above is a good place for info on this product. After doing some research myself, it seems that most people actually regard the remote one step below it, the VL-900, as the better remote. I couldn't find that one on the compgeeks website, but you should be able to get it for a lower price. I got the 900 for Christmas and am very pleased with it.

4. JerryHatchett

JerryHatchett Stunt Coordinator

Many thanks for the comments and the link to RemoteCentral. Looks like I won't be buying this one.