What's new

Good deal on PS2 Sony Component Video Cable? (1 Viewer)

Jemi

Grip
Does anyone know what store in Michigan sells the Sony Component Video Cable for the Playstation 2 for $19.99? Amazon.com has it for 18.98 or something right now, and I was so surprised when I saw it for 29.99 at my local Best Buy store.

Please, can someone help me.. I want to play God of War and view DVDs in progressive scan until blu-ray/HD-DVDs become the norm and I have to buy an HDMI-capable TV (because the next gen systems will most likely use HDMI or DVI at least).

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Have you tried Wal-Mart? They're selling the official SONY component cables for ~$19.82 (give or take a few pennies). Monster / Psyclone-branded cables will run you a minimum of $35+.

Jemi

Grip
Whoa, that's the last place I'd look at... but it seems like the only place as of now. Thanks for the tip!

BTW, are the official SONY branded cables able to connect to other equipment? For example, can I use the component cables on another DVD player to play movies in progressive scan?

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
Jemi, you have to remember how the input is from the cable end to the PS2, it is designed to fit only the PS2. If you look at the end of your composite cable, you will see what I mean.

Hope that helps.

By the way, I didn't even think about checking Walmart for the cables, thanks Ken, I will have to take a trip there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks