1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Good deal on factory remote ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrandonB, Feb 7, 2003.

1. BrandonB

BrandonB Agent

I purchased an HK AVR 320 off eBay (not from HarmanAudio.com) sealed, but it came without the accessory package. The guy I got it from is trying to get them to send me a package, but in my talks with HK, I don't think it's going to happen (should have bought from HarmanAudio.com). HK's parts department sells them for a whoping $101.00. I haven't been able to find one on eBay anywhere. I'm thinking I may just send the receiver back for a refund, but I have a distinct feeling that I'll be stuck paying the $40 s/h each way - not a real good deal. I was able to find a manual online for the 320, but I was wondering if anyone here had a good idea about where to get a factory remote for a reasonable price.

The kicker here is that I have a TC1000 uni remote, but I'm still going to need the factory 320 remote to set up the receiver and teach the uni remote the missing functions.

HELP!!!!!

Thanks

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Brandon,

What kind of communication did you have with H/K? I simply sent them an email about one of my receivers' remotes and they shipped one right out. This particular receiver had been bought in a private sale, just like yours. I was never asked for anything (including the old remote) except my address. Very nice operation.

3. BrandonB

BrandonB Agent

Thanks for replying Paul. Below is the last email I received from HK:

4. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

I think you volunteered too much info. Kudos for your honesty but...sometimes loose lips sink ships. I don't know of course, but unless you were asked for the serial # or to furnish a copy of the receipt, how would anyone at H/K know anything about the sale? I simply told them I had an H/K 510 and the remote wasn't programming macros properly. They shipped me a new one for the 520. Unless they have changed their policies and procedures, I assume you told them that you didn't have a remote...mistake #1...and that this resulted from a private sale...mistake #2. [​IMG]

All ribbing aside, I do applaud your honesty. I was intending to hang onto it but if you don't turn anything up, I may be able to help with the 520 remote they shipped me.

Also, did the sale listing on Ebay include the remote and accessories? If so the seller is totally responsible for this.

5. KyleGS

KyleGS Second Unit

I hate to tell you this but the above posts are right on. I received a new remote myself (learning HK 3470) after owning a "mildly" defective one. No questions were asked and a new one was sent brown truck the very same day. Oddly enough- my 1st remote was fine. Maybe you should "try again" with another ALIAS.

....i hate myself...

6. BrandonB

BrandonB Agent

Yeah, I know I volunteered too much. I have a bad habit of offering too much information. Hmmmm, I wonder if I have my fiance call and tell them that her remote isn't working, if they'd send her one. That may be a good idea. Is that all you told them - that your remote wouldn't program macros anymore (I didn't know they did macros). They don't have any info on me other than my email address. Should I have her call, or email?

Thanks for the offered assistance on a 520 remote, but I'd really like to have the 320 one. I'm not familiar with either of them. Is the only difference the logo at the bottom? Do they both have the same functional buttons?

Thanks for the assistance.