What's new

Good Covers? (1 Viewer)

AricB

Second Unit
I like the covers on GNR's Lies the first 4 or last 4 tracks.

Everclear: acdc-Sin City, tom petty-American Girl i think they are on singles.

Foo Fighters: gerry rafferty-baker street on my hero japanese single, other good covers on there too

marilyn manson: gary numan-down in the park, screamin jay hawkins-i put a spell on you first is a single b side, the other from smells like children

Course of Empire:Fear-Lets have a war on cd single for infested, also has a great remix of infested with sing, sing, sing the swing song.

1000 homo dj's: black sabbath-supernaut

Ministry: bob dylan-lay lady lay

White Stripes: they have tons on their early cd's and singles, from dolly partons Jolene, to dylan to robert johnson.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
How about Type O Negative's version of Seals and Croft's "Summer Breeze"?

Thhey usually put a cover on every album. They've done Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl, a Beatles medley based around "Daytripper", and a tune from the movie Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Good stuff.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
The Cornelius album POINT has a great cover of the old standard Brazil.

Pizzicato Five do a charming version of Bacharach's Me Japanese Boy in both Japanese (Television Workshop EP) or English (Five by Five EP). They also do a clever version of The Plastics GOOD on The Sound of Music.

AricB

Second Unit

That's true, I've always loved that song ever since I saw the movie. And then it turned up on that album. It's a great album, I don't know many people that own it.

Rob you should check out the DVD version of it, I've seen it in BB's. in the cd section usually cause its in a cd size case, has remix cd, and dvd, with most of the album songs with video's in DD5.1. pretty cool stuff.

AricB

Second Unit
Also check out,
Me First and The Gimme Gimmie's
they do ska/punk covers of all kinds of stuff from billy joel, to paul simon. I think all their full length discs are comprised of cover songs.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
AricB,

Yes, I have the DVD version of POINT, cleverly entitled "Five Point One". Unfortunately, BRAZIL is not included. But the videos are great.

AricB

Second Unit
you are correct, not on 5 point 1. I have both as well. I like using the videos on the tv for parties and stuff, people are always like wow, what is this?

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Well, an unrecorded (AFAIK) cover that is one of the best I've heard is the Marvelous 3 doing "Bohemian Rhapsody". I've seen them do it in concert a few times, and each time it was just awesome and brought the house down. Now that they are defunct, I don't know if Butch Walker is still doing that song in concert.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor

Some "Punky" covers -
Descendents - "Wendy" by the Beach Boys
Social Distortion - "Ring of Fire", "Under My Thumb"
The Damned - "Elosie", "Alone Agian", and "Too Much to Dream Last Night"
The Adicts - "Never Walk Alone"
Big Black - "Model", "He's a Whore" (Cheap Trick)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
An album I've got alot of mileage out of making my Covered series of discs is Joan Jett's THE HIT LIST...Tush, Time Has Come Today, Dirty Deeds, and more. :emoji_thumbsup: Bowie's Alladin Sane is chocked full of goodies too. My newest cover fest is Great White's A Double Dose 2 disc set that's priced like one disc. Disc 1 has all Zepplin and disc 2 variety covers. Side 1, the covers side, well original vinyl side, of Todd Rundgren's Faithful is good, IMO... I also recently got Keb'Mo's BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND too and it's laid back some but really nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks