Good Component Cables

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Tom Scholfield, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Tom Scholfield

Tom Scholfield Stunt Coordinator

Hi Everyone,
    Hope all is well. I will be purchasing this Phillips 30" TV I know cables are very important and I was hoping you all could give me some good advice on some component cables for both DVD and HDTV. I am on a very tight budget. Are there any good cables for under 50 bucks a set. Are Blue Jeans Cables any good?

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Blue Jeans, which features Belden and Canare cables, are quite good. If your length requirements are modest, a few meters, then you could also use a wide variety of component cables such as these http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMa...Home%20Theater and realize some savings. The differences in signal strength (amount of attenuation loss) is neglible between something like RG6 or RG59 or the Knu's. A host of choices are out there to confuse you [​IMG]

3. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    For a fraction of the cost of boutique or semi-boutique brands you can buy THESE and for TV screen as small as yours (compared to most HDTV RPTV's people are getting these days), you probably won't notice a bit of difference between a boutique and these.

Save money and invest in new DVD's or something.
    [​IMG]

4. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit