Good, Cheap HT Reviews

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeWilson, Dec 31, 2002.

1. MikeWilson

MikeWilson Auditioning

Does anybody know of a web-site that is dedicated to reviewing HT equipment on the cheaper scale of things? I used to use www.cheaphometheater.com, but that hasn't been updated in almost a year it looks like.
    I'm a working college student, and can't really afford to spend the money on the equipment I regularly see discussed/reviewed here. I would also like reviews from people other than the typical J6P or first time buyer that I seem to find at www.audioreview.com.
    Thanks for any help.
    EDIT: To fix URL tags.

2. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

3. dave ratcliffe

Sorry, can't help you, but I went the cheap route myself and I'm very happy with my purchases. It sounds excellent for my bedroom, here is what I went with:

Jensen 6 piece speaker set from circuitcity.com, I ordered it on Thanksgiving when it was marked down to $75.00, had free shipping as well.

Apex 27" TV from circuit city, in store, $200. I've read mixed reviews on this, It is in mono, but who cares about watching TV in mono.

I bought my Sony reciever open box from best buy for $150 A while ago, it is the equivilent of the $200 Sony reciever on bestbuy.com

I paid $150 for my entertainment center to put it all in, and then about $15 for cheap 12 guage speaker wire.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Mike: If you search the boards here at HTF you will discover several threads devoted to economically priced equipment. So, I would recommend Home Theater Forum as your number one resource for good information about good values in HT components.