"Good" cheap DVD player, <$100?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Tim Holyoke, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit

My sister wants to get her BF a dvd player for xmas. He just uses his PS2 now. Under $100 is preferred. Should she just get the low end Toshiba, Phillips, Panasonic, etc.? Thanks.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I picked up a Panny S35 for my brother's b-day. Very decent player under $100 (I've seen it going as low as $69 new).

3. Lisa Menin

Lisa Menin Agent

I bought the JVC N40BK about 1 month ago. With the rebate, it was approximately $79. Plays my dvds and DVD-Rs beautifully. Easy to set up and use. Highly recommended.

4. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Yeah the JVC is a better bargain and better quality than the Panasonic S35, Toshiba, or Philips. JVC has a $20 rebate offer until the end of the year. Plays all formats and loads faster than other players

5. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

Someone on the forum mentioned that JVC DVD players are using lower resolutions such as 420 only ? it was in the Display Devices section of this forum by Michael TLV.

6. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

I have the toshiba 3950 until I can jump into something better. Gets the job done. No complaints on my 92" screen.

7. Paul_Ptaaty

Paul_Ptaaty Stunt Coordinator

Well if you happen to stumble accross a Panny RP62, that is a great player that has been at stores on clearance for under $100.