What's new

Good CD Player for Homemade CDs? (1 Viewer)

Greg Labate

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone recommend good CD player (yes, just a CD player) that is good for homemade CDs and plays up to 5 CDs under $200?

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
My Friend,

I do not think you can buy such a beast any more. I saw an Apex 1225 DVD player the other day at Ultimate Electronics complete with conponent video for $25 brand spanking new. Any DVD player will play these. You can buy multiDVD players for under a hundred bucks. By "homemade CDs" do you mean CDR music made on a stand alone machine, or computer CDRs?, Or computer CDRs in an MP3 format, etc? Again, your best bet is a DVD player. For these type of creations, I doubt your ears will hear the difference between a @25 player and a $2500 player. Of course build quality will be a factor in longevity so with that in mind you may want to go with any of the more well known brand name machines. Now, with that sai, you can still buy incredibly great stand alone CD players, but be prepared to fork over $500 or even more. Try Cambride Audio. Rega makes some nice ones as well, of course you will need a fairly decent sound system to make these come alive. Good luck in your search.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor

I'm going to have to disagree on these two points. There are many people who feel a dedicated CD player delivers better sound quality than a DVD player, for a variety of reasons. Of course it will depend on other components in yuor system, especially speakers, as to how much difference you'll actually hear.

Denon and Onkyo both have a couple of nice models in your price range. Denon's is the DCM-280, Onkyo's is the DX-C390.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I have the Denon DCM-280 and have been very happy with it. The only thing it lacks is HDCD (that is on the DCM-380). It plays all of my CD-R's (Mix CD's) that I make on my computer just fine. It also plays mp3's, but it does not support anytype of playlist or folder setup (it will read into folders, but it just runs the tracks numerically).

Greg Labate

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a separate CD player because my new Denon DVD-1910 has trouble playing Cds I've burned from my computer. My old Sony DVD player played everything w/o problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks