GOOD BURGER DVD - Does it contain the "Action League Now" short?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ajay C, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Ajay C

Ajay C Auditioning

Hello folks,

This is my first post to the forum and I hope I'm doing this right. I've been trying to find the answer to this question forever and I registered here earlier today just to be able to ask it! This short preceded the film during its theatrical run and I've been trying to locate it for almost 10 years. I'm willing to buy the "Good Burger" DVD if it's on there, but I'd rather not spend the $15 just to wind up disappointed by its omission. If anybody can fill me in as to the whereabouts (or lack thereof) of this 4-minute gem, please let me know.

Thanks in advance from this newbie poster!

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Every review I've seen says that Good Burger is a barebones release with only the movie present. The back of the box doesn't mention the short, either.

3. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Nope, not on there. Paramount's saving it for the eventual Good Burger "Uh, can I take your order?" Special Edition re-release.

4. Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington Screenwriter

I had no idea Action League Now started out as a theatrical short.

5. James.G

James.G Extra

LOL! [​IMG]

6. ReggieW

ReggieW Screenwriter

...Or maybe they'll just include it on the CRITERION release.

7. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I thought that it was first on All That, in a few episodes in the first season. Then later I remember having seen it on Kablaam!. Been so long since I've seen that stuff. Stinky Diver was my hero.

8. Ajay C

Ajay C Auditioning

Thanks for the feedback, gang.

Oddly enough, I accidentally stumbled across this DVD at retail this past week! Odd timing that, especially since I was NEVER able to find it when I was actually looking for it. Still, since I hadn't yet been able to check back with the board to see if anybody had replied to my inquiry, I purchased the DVD just to be safe. As you say, Greg, the box indicates nothing about the short in question. And based on what Scott says, it would appear to be absent from the disc altogether.

So unless anybody here chimes in to the contrary, it looks like I can take this long-sought title back to the store, my quest to find the Action League still incomplete.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I look forward to checking in again soon.

9. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

"Welcome to Good Burger...Home of the Good Burger...Can I take your order??"

My kids and their friends watched that movie so many times. That phrase got stuck in my head. [​IMG]

Best line: Abe Vigoda- "I think I broke my ass".

10. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I remember seeing Good Burger in theatres, like any good Nick-kid, and wondering what the heck was before the movie... It was Action League Now, at the time I was not impressed, but now I love it. It's not on the DVD, but other incarnations were featured on Kablaam! which was on Nick and and it's other channels lately.

Ryan

11. Ajay C

Ajay C Auditioning

Say Ryan, you seem to know quite a bit about both "Good Burger" and Action League Now. Since I know precious little about either, maybe you can help me with my search. The reason I'm hoping to find this Action League Now short is because it featured the Todd McFarlane Kiss action figures, featuring the actual voices of Kiss. I realize this is probably way too much work to do for something so trivial, but I suppose I'm something of a completist. I do know that the Kiss short did air on Nickelodeon around the time of the film's relesae, but for whatever reason I was unable to record it.

Anyway, if you know of how I might be able to track this segment down, I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

12. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Hey buddy, I could not find the video, but when I google'd it, I found some interesting info about it. link

[​IMG]

Ryan

13. Ajay C

Ajay C Auditioning

Wow, COOL!

Thanks, I'll check it out...