Good Bose

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Louisp, May 12, 2004.

1. Louisp

Louisp Stunt Coordinator

Louis Patrick
    Are there any Bose speakers worthy of consideration?

2. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    Free ones?[​IMG]

All kidding aside, you should audition them as you would any other speaker. If you do a search around here and other audio forums, you'll find a rather negative view towards Bose (that includes me) for a variety of reasons. The primary reason, though, is money, as the price you pay for the sound quality you get is, in my and many others' opinion, waayyyy toooo high. That said, if you like the sound, need and/or want the aesthetics and can afford them, get them if they make you happy. Just do yourself a favour and audition a fair number of other speakers before deciding. That way, you'll feel much better about your purchase, whatever the brand may be.

3. Tony Craig

Tony Craig Extra

Listen to them yourself. Two or more people can listen to various speakers and like different ones for different reasons. There's a lot of Bose bashing, but I like mine and they are low end. No doubt there are better speakers and you should listen to as many as you can in an environment close to your own application if possible.

4. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

They just are not a good value for the dollar.

For $300/pr. Bose's, you can do a LOT better.

5. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Well, as long as you stay away from the AM/Lifestyle one, WaveRadios, and their VCS-10 center speaker you should be fine. However, it is still best to look at other brands, including B&W, Dynaudio, Def Tech, Onix, Axiom, PSB, Paradigm, Magnepan, etc.

6. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

I disagree. The worst product Bose makes is that really thin standard center channel speaker. What a piece of junk...

Many people like the headphones. Some insist you can't beat them for comfort + performance.

7. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Off Topic: I'm just concerned about the number of Bose threads popping up here in the speaker section. This now makes "3" threads in the past 3 days. Are we being over-run by Bosers?

[​IMG]

8. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Second Unit

My roommate owns the set I provided a link to below, honestly I think they sound pretty damn good and the bass from them is amazing (for a headphone), they are also very comfortable. But then again are they worth $150, I don’t really think so, but anyway just thought I would share.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IYlw9cY...o&i=018TRIPRTG

9. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

BrianAe,

FYI, the VCS-10 center is "that really thin standard center channel speaker". [​IMG]