Good B&M retailers in Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Hunt, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Jeff_Hunt

Jeff_Hunt Stunt Coordinator

This thread inspired a question:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=47721
    I tend to be in the camp that hasn't gotten the kind of bend-over-backwards service from B&M stores. I typically see the monopolistic guys that cater to large wallets, and often times not very knowledgable sales staff. I see several people on this board in the Atlanta area, and I just wanted to get a list going of good dealers.
    If I had really good service, including in-home demos, I would be MUCH more inclined to buy from B&M.
    I'll start, with my experiences.
    Even though I haven't really made a major purchase there (I bought LD's there all the time back when it was LaserDisc Enterprises), Georgia Home Theater has always been helpful and good to me when I browse and ask questions. They just tend to carry products that are out of my price range at the moment.
    I purchased my Energy speakers from Entertainment Technology in Loganville, GA. They're the closest place I could find that carry them, and I wanted to hear them first. The sales guy was pretty nice and helpful, but they wouldn't do in-home auditions.
    The Big Screen Store in Buckhead is basically a Mitsubishi outlet, and nobody was jumping out to greet me there. I have heard some pretty laughable stories about the salesmen's "facts" from some friends though.
    I know there are a few more HT shops in the area, I just haven't been to all of them. What are some good ones?

2. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

Buckhead has a Tweeter.....if josh lishman is the manager, he'll take care of you!

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Doesn't Tweeter = Hi-Fi Buys in Atlanta?

4. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

yes, Tweeter = Hi Fi Buys in Atlanta.

By the way, they're having a clearance sale of demo equipment this weekend in all the stores. Some really good stuff out there.

~~Nathan

5. Matt_Key

Matt_Key Agent

Hey Jeff,

Check out Evolution Home Theater in Duluth. They carry paradigm, definitive, denon, marantz, pioneer, and more. Their shop/showroom is quite nice.

Matt

6. Mark_J_H_Jr

Mark_J_H_Jr Stunt Coordinator

Jeff,

Sound and Cinema in Alpharetta has been very helpful to me. Ask for Dave. Long time in the business and is very patient with a newbie like me.

7. Matt_Key

Matt_Key Agent

Yep, I'll second Mark's suggestion as well. I just picked up a receiver and a pair of surrounds off Dave at Sound and Cinema. Helpful guy, good deal!

Matt