What's new

Good (and inexpensive) headphones for metal and metal guitar? (1 Viewer)

Tim_Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
My brother plays guitar (lots of Metallica, Ozzy, etc.). Well, I'm sick of hearing it when I'm watching TV, so I'm forcing him to get a mixer so he can play along to a CD and have both the guitar and CD play thru headphones. I really like my Sennheiser HD212 Pro cans and I'm thinking of getting the same for him. He's no audiophile for sure - he likes it loud and heavy.

Also, does anybody have a coupon code for Amazon that will work w/ these headphones? :D

Tim

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Sennheiser HD280 Pro is what I'd recommend.

It has nice sound canceling, and has a revealing accurate sound suitable for guitars.

I personally don't own one but know 3 guitarists that love theirs and I was able to try one of them out. Guitars sound good on headphones that are forward and revealing with good outside sound isolation. I hate the way my guitar sounds on a warm set of speakers, or something that's "smooth" sounding.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
One of the guitarists worked at a guitar center so he got a pair for like $75. I suppose you could find them for about $80-90 online. The people at guitar center haggle and may give you a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks