Good (and inexpensive) headphones for metal and metal guitar?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Tim_Wetzel, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Tim_Wetzel

Tim_Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

My brother plays guitar (lots of Metallica, Ozzy, etc.). Well, I'm sick of hearing it when I'm watching TV, so I'm forcing him to get a mixer so he can play along to a CD and have both the guitar and CD play thru headphones. I really like my Sennheiser HD212 Pro cans and I'm thinking of getting the same for him. He's no audiophile for sure - he likes it loud and heavy.

Also, does anybody have a coupon code for Amazon that will work w/ these headphones? [​IMG]

Tim

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Sennheiser HD280 Pro is what I'd recommend.

It has nice sound canceling, and has a revealing accurate sound suitable for guitars.

I personally don't own one but know 3 guitarists that love theirs and I was able to try one of them out. Guitars sound good on headphones that are forward and revealing with good outside sound isolation. I hate the way my guitar sounds on a warm set of speakers, or something that's "smooth" sounding.

3. Tim_Wetzel

Tim_Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

Thanks - I'll look into these. Where to shop for a good deal?

4. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

One of the guitarists worked at a guitar center so he got a pair for like $75. I suppose you could find them for about $80-90 online. The people at guitar center haggle and may give you a good deal.