Good and bad news concerning R2 silents

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Derek_McL, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Derek_McL

Derek_McL Second Unit

Silent film fans in the UK will no doubt be looking forward to the release of Sunrise on Monday and The Last Laugh next month.

But I just read what appears to be some disappointing news about a silent release in region 2 at DVD Times.Dr Mabuse - The Gambler which I thought Eureka were releasing in the UK isn't coming out. Instead it looks like we're just getting the talkie sequel The Testament of Dr Mabuse on March 22nd. It seems to me a rather weird decision in that this film follows on from the two part silent 1922 one which isn't available in region 2 ! Surely if Eureka were releasing it at all they would put the silent one out first ? We'll just need to hope it comes out later I suppose though I wouldn't count on it. Only option looks like to buy the region 1. Now I only hope Eureka release Die Nibelungen !

2. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

3. Paul Tilburgs

According to the dvdtimes website Eureka is going to releaseDr. Mabuse: der Spieler in April...

4. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John

Oscar, it hasn't got a seperate music CD, 'Silent With Music Soundtrack' simply means it has a music score added to accompany the film. [​IMG]

---
    So many films, so little time...

5. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

thnaks for the correction

[​IMG]