Good amp for Infinity IL50s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Tom, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Matthew Tom

Matthew Tom Auditioning

I'm looking for an amp that will match up well with my IL50s. Preferably an amp that'll improve the midrange, as I find it somewhat flat. Right now, they're powered by my Kenwood 5080. I was considering a Parasound 855 or 1205, as they're relatively inexpensive. Any other suggestions in this price range?

2. Matthew Tom

Matthew Tom Auditioning

OK, maybe the question is too specific. How about a good amp that has good warm, dynamic midrange?

3. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

I can't tell you which one to use, but I was driving my IL60's with a Sony STR-DE 945, and it made bright speakers all the brighter, so I would stay away from Sony. The Denon 3802 is in the receiver sweet spot these days at around $750.00, and has a neutral to warm sound. I would consider trying it.

4. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    I am kind of doing the same thing that you are. Trying to figure out what amp will sound the best without spending too much money. I have heard the Parasound amp with my speakers, Energy Veritas 2.1's and they sounded quite warm. I found very good prices on both of those amps at audiogon.

Good luck.

jeff

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I've got an H/K AVR320 powering my IL60's and I think it's just a beautiful combination. If you're looking for just an amp, consider the H/K PA2000.