Good amp and/or receiver for Energy Veritas 2.2

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Shane K, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Shane K

Shane K Agent

Just fishing for some opinions on a good compliment for the Energy Veritas 2.2i bookshelfs. I was able to score a pair for a fabulous price and will be using in a simple two channel system.

My question is whether a good two channel receiver (HK, Denon, etc) will be sufficient in a 15 x 20 ft room or if I should consider seperates. Perhaps start with a receiver and add a good two channel amp later. Let me know what everyone is thinking including recommended brands.

Thanks for the input.
    Kinger

2. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

To get the best out of the V2.2i, I would recommend something capable of deliverying high current and 2 X 100 Watts of clean power. Starting with a receiver is an option, as long as it has pre-outs.

3. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    If you are looking at doing just two channel, I would suggest a moddest integrated tube amp. Like a Jolida or a Cayin. They are rated between 30 and 50 watts and would really make those speakers sing. I ran a Cayin with my 2.1's and it sounded wonderful. Much better than my Parasound amps.

Jeff Aguilar

4. Scott_N

Scott_N Second Unit

A nice solid-state integrated like an Arcam,Rotel,Creek, NAD or Musical Fidelity would be great also.