Good A/V stores in St. Louis area?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by David_Moechnig, Feb 19, 2004.

1. David_Moechnig

David_Moechnig Stunt Coordinator

Anyone from the St. Louis area have a favorite A/V stores. I'm in the market for a new receiver and want to look at other high-end gear that I can't afford right now as well.

2. Robert_Barlow

Best Sound is where I bought all my Rotel Gear.
    It is on Lindbergh....would have to check a phone book for specifics). Ask for Tim he seemed like a real genuine guy!

HiFi FoFUm is where I bought my Paradigm speakers(Its in manchester 4 or 5 miles west of 270. They seemed a little shadier to me then the Best Sound guys.

3. Ryan T

Ryan T Second Unit

best sound and Hi-fi fo fum are the only really good stores in St. Louis. Best sound had more speakers in general but hifi fofum has paradigm [​IMG].

Ryan

4. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

Music for Pleasure is in Webster Groves and has a lot of high end gear.

I got my Paradigm and Denon stuff from Hi Fi Fo Fum. Talk to Corey Phillips. He is cool and gives me good deals.

5. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

From my visits to St Louis, Hi Fi Fo Fum and Best Sound are highly recommended.

6. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

I'll second Brian's comments. Music For Pleasure carries the best of the best brands (Krell, etc.) and Dwayne and Eric are very friendly and knowledgable. A cool place to go and drool, hang, and see & hear gear set up correctly.

7. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

David, I'm not sure you want to make a drive to Columbia, MO which is about an hour west of St Louis but there are a couple shops(or were last I checked) that carried pretty good gear and treated their customers very well. I don't exactly remember their name but there are about 3 shops I can remember(if they are still open).

8. David_Moechnig

David_Moechnig Stunt Coordinator

I am going to school in Rolla, MO and decided to go through Columbia on my way home this weekend and stopped in at D&M Sound there. Wow, what an amazing store, its small but the employees were friendly and helpful. I absolutely fell in love with a set of B&W 604 S3's. I'm going to have to check out Best Sound and HiFi Fo Fum next weekend when I'm in St. Louis. Thanks for the suggestions, now I have some more places to look at stuff that I can't afford for another year or two.