What's new

Good A/V stores in St. Louis area? (1 Viewer)

David_Moechnig

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone from the St. Louis area have a favorite A/V stores. I'm in the market for a new receiver and want to look at other high-end gear that I can't afford right now as well.

Best Sound is where I bought all my Rotel Gear.
It is on Lindbergh....would have to check a phone book for specifics). Ask for Tim he seemed like a real genuine guy!

HiFi FoFUm is where I bought my Paradigm speakers(Its in manchester 4 or 5 miles west of 270. They seemed a little shadier to me then the Best Sound guys.

Ryan T

Second Unit
best sound and Hi-fi fo fum are the only really good stores in St. Louis. Best sound had more speakers in general but hifi fofum has paradigm :D.

Ryan

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Music for Pleasure is in Webster Groves and has a lot of high end gear.

I got my Paradigm and Denon stuff from Hi Fi Fo Fum. Talk to Corey Phillips. He is cool and gives me good deals.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
I'll second Brian's comments. Music For Pleasure carries the best of the best brands (Krell, etc.) and Dwayne and Eric are very friendly and knowledgable. A cool place to go and drool, hang, and see & hear gear set up correctly.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
David, I'm not sure you want to make a drive to Columbia, MO which is about an hour west of St Louis but there are a couple shops(or were last I checked) that carried pretty good gear and treated their customers very well. I don't exactly remember their name but there are about 3 shops I can remember(if they are still open).

David_Moechnig

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to school in Rolla, MO and decided to go through Columbia on my way home this weekend and stopped in at D&M Sound there. Wow, what an amazing store, its small but the employees were friendly and helpful. I absolutely fell in love with a set of B&W 604 S3's. I'm going to have to check out Best Sound and HiFi Fo Fum next weekend when I'm in St. Louis. Thanks for the suggestions, now I have some more places to look at stuff that I can't afford for another year or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks