What's new

good 5disc DVD player for VCDs (1 Viewer)

My dad is looking to get a new dvd player so he is able to view VCDs (old sony one right now), and he would like to ditch his 5disc cd player and just have one 5disc DVD/CD/VCD player, any good ones out there that can play most VCDs. My cheap $50 Apex does awesome for every disc I've thrown at it, but a few of my friends nicer, higher quality players have problems.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I've got a Toshiba SD-2815 it plays VCDs quite nicely though it cannot play SVCD's, they also have another model just like it with Progessive Scan output. they are priced rougly about 150 and 200 respectively. I've been quite happy with mine and play quite a few VCD's on it.

Jeremy

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a Yamaha DVD-920.It's a 5 disc changer that does VCD as well as DVD audio, CDR , and CDRW.It also has progressive scan and Faroudia video processor.It sells for about $400.00.I have been pleased so far except for two issues,unit cannot be turned on by remote, a pain if you have a remote that does macros, and slow disc changer. If these aren't a problem I would recommend.

JohnnyCasaba

Agent
Hello Dave, I was also looking for a good/cheap 5 disc changer that would play VCD's and SVCD's. Last week while in an FYE, I stumbled upon the Pioneer DV-C505 on sale for $79.99 so I took it home. I believe the sale ended last week, but their normal price is $99.99. Only had this player a week, but it seems very well built and has played all my SVCD's so far. This is not a progressive player though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks