What's new

Good 200+ CD changer under $300, and getting CD's out of dead player. (1 Viewer)

Vic Matthews

Auditioning
My old Sony 5 disc changer just died, and I'm thinking about getting a 200+ disc changer so I can easily store and access my collection. The most popular seem to be the Sony 355 and 455, but the reviews are mostly bad and say they skip easily. Also looked at Pioneer and JVC, but all have mediocre reviews.

What is a good quality CD changer for 200+ cd's under $300? Does it exist? Also, how can I get my 5 CD's out of my dead Sony player since it won't power up.

Thanks.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
unscrew the case, open it up, and take it out from the inside

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Consider a digital solution storing the albums as MP3s. You could do something simple like an iPod with a docking station connected up to your receiver or a more elaborate media center with DVD images too.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I've got a 355 that's been running for years without a single hiccup. I've also got a Sony DVD changer that's been reliable as well. To get the old disks out you can just unscrew the cover and you should be able to see the CD's

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
My 355 has never had a problem in many years and I have an older one to......neither one has never skipped a disc???? or my 2 DVD changers for that matter.
Digital solutions cost many times what a changer costs and if you want to store them at CD Quality they hold very little.
I paid less for my 2 DVD Changers (700 total) and 2 CD Changers (500 total) than a basic digital system out now which has no where near that capacity

Pete Gia

Stunt Coordinator
If you are willing to buy used,there`s a Sony CX90ES at Ebay. Let me assure you,this is the changer to get. Many say it`s the best "Megachanger" ever made by ANY company. This player sounds fantastic. Original MSRP was $1100. Take a look if nothing else. Good Luck--------Pete P.S I`m not the person selling it,but I do have one.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Pete
You sparked my interest, what did Sony do on that one differently? I know my 777Es is built like a brick compared to my 860.
One nice feature older Sony changers have over new ones are their displays.
Old displays had a nice space for Artist and a seperate one for title.
Since I burn text on my cds it's great!
New one only display title until you hit memo scan.
So when you are looking for something .....you see a lot of 'Best of', 'Greatest Hits' etc.....which says nothing.
I have gone back and reburned many in that changer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks