Gonna give digital cable a try.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Russell, Feb 13, 2001.

1. Steve Russell

Steve Russell Stunt Coordinator

Well as much as I hate to admit it I'm going to give AT&T a try at digital cable. I really want a dish setup but don't want to install all the equipment(multiple receivers) in my current rental. AT&T called last week and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The total bill for the digital box, cable and multiplexed premium channel will be only $6 more than my current expanded cable plus one premium channel. They are also going to throw in a $10 rebate for three months so my bill will actually go down. I will try it out for a while and see if it is worth $6 more than I'm paying now. One thing I am looking forward to is getting cinemax instead of HBO. The only premium channel available with the analog cable in my area is HBO. I prefer cinemax for the movies so that will be a plus. We'll see about the rest.

2. Jonathan Tuck

Just remember - only the premium channels will be digital - all the rest of your cable will look the same - unlike dish which has all digital channels--
    ------------------

3. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

And you do need multiple recievers if you want to view any of the digital channels elsewhere in your home.

4. Steve Russell

Steve Russell Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I realize both those facts. I do really want dishnetwork but at this time cannot afford the $500 plus investment(dish 6000 receiver, basic receiver plus switches and wiring, etc...) I am only going digital on the main system in the living room. Bedrooms will still get only analog. As I stated I am not looking for increase in quality, just a way to get more stuff from AT&T for the same amount of money. I also realize the stuff I want on Dish would be $10-$15 cheaper per month but if I do it I want to do it right with the 6000 receiver. Therefore this is kind of a temporary solution until we buy a house and I can do the installation right.