What's new

Gong Show on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Joe Urban

Auditioning
What do you think... will it ever happen.
I used to laugh histarically at the show!

Thx

Joe

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I hope this show comes to DVD in the worst way. I would buy every episode including the ones hosted by Gary Owens. A great show! One of the funniest TV shows ever.

ScottL

Agent
YES!!!, Gene Gene the Dancing Machine and the unknown comic. What more could one ask for? :D

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Rob, I think that the success of Confessions of a Dangerous Mind is the only chance the TV show will hit DVD in 2003. I do believe we have a better shot getting The Gong Show Movie on DVD before the TV show.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Not likely. There are a mountain of music rights that need to be renegotiated, and that will likely make it too cost-prohibitive. This is why Game Show Network has not aired any reruns of this or NAME THAT TUNE. New means of exploitation means new opportunities for lawyers on both ends of the conflict.

Joe Urban

Auditioning
I was watching a show on TV last week... "The most censored moments in TV history" and they had the popsicle sisters from the GONG SHOW. That's what got me thinking about it.

If you haven't seen it... that is one of the funniest things I have seen with Jamie Farr and oooh... I can't think of her name...
She made the commnet "Well... that's how I got started!"
The audience died!

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Would also love to get the Carol Burnett Show "Family" skit where Eunice went on the Gong Show to sing "Feelings" thinking it would be the start of a new career. She got gonged :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks