"Gone in 60 Seconds" DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Shelly, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

Hello,

A few days ago I bought "Gone in 60 Seconds" on DVD. Its been years since I have seen this movie. I could not wait to pay for it and get home and watch it. Since I have bought it I have seen it 4 times and plan to watch it again. I will be getting my money's worth out of this classic.

Can anyone tell me if the remastered version has a revised musical score? Its a really good score and fits the movie well but it sounds more modern then what they were doing in 1974. Last time I remember seeing the movie was in the late 80's. When Halicki was killed the movie was put into moritorium for several years. I can't remember how the original score.

Chris

2. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Sorry Chris, can't help you out.

But, I just wanted to state that the 40 minute car chase was awesome!! Other than that I wasn't really understanding most of everything because I was trying to relate everything with the original, probobly another viewing would suit me best.

-Bert

3. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Yes, it was definitely changed. It's been over a year since I last watched the disc, but I had the same impression when I first gave it a spin. Supposedly one of the highlights was a really corny country song near the end that was entirely left off this new DVD release.

4. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

I seem to remember it having that mid 70's pimp daddy music that was popular at the time. Its been a long time though. The remastered DVD seems to have a more modern score that is not all that different then the Bruckheimer version.

As a side note that car chase is so cool. I personally thought it would be a little better if he did not wreck the Mustang right out of the parking lot. I would like to have seen a car chase seen where the Mustang was in perfect shape filmed at highspeed with the cop cars wrecking everything. Of coarse that Mustang could smoke those cop cars if it was in perfect shape and we would not see our intense car chase and wrecks most likely.

Chris