What's new

Gona pull trigger on 1014 this week. Any reason I shouldn't? (1 Viewer)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Well, looks like I just can NOT wait for 3-4 months for the 1015 to come out. Decided I really don't NEED the 3rd Comp ion (would be nice, but not a must).
Wife wants to get me whatever I want for our aniv and my bday which falls roughly same week. $400 is pretty much MAX $$ amt, so 1014 fits the bill.
Any reason why I won't pull the trigger this week?

darrylCHER

Stunt Coordinator
Because it's ugly?? ;) (Easy guys, its just my opinion)

What about the Yamaha 5760? It sounds great and you'll have some extra cash to take your wife out to were ever SHE wants to go!!!

Darryl

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Not a fan of yamaha receivers. What do you mean extar cash? Don't see it too much (if at all) cheaper then a 1014.
No THX and no Component up conversion either on Yamaha.

darrylCHER

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Yamaha 5760, my buddy has the 1014. Both are powering Athena 5.1 systems.

They both sound great. In a TRUE blind test ( all levels/delays matched, same room/speakers, just swaping out the receiver) you would be lucky to "pick" the correct receiver 50% of the time.

Get what makes you happy. Your're the one that has to live with it, if you like the Pioneer, go buy it!!

THX processing should NOT be a factor in your purchase. It looks nice on the front of the receiver, but thats about it.

I take all my video directly to my display (plenty of inputs), so video up conversion was worthless to me.

Enjoy your 1014.

Darryl

P.S. You can find the Yamaha 5760 ALOT less than $400 online.

Chris_Liberti

Stunt Coordinator
The 1014 looks a lot better in person, the pictures I have seen of it online make it look like the air ventilation is made of chicken wire or something, looks like junk when in fact it looks pretty nice in person

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Buy it . . . Buy it. . . Buy it. . . Buy it!!!

True the 1015 might be out in a few months but I think another few months before any serious price cuts. . .

I think you will never look back. . .

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Already measured, plenty of room for it.

Too bad I can't find it local for $400. Going to order today or tomorrow :)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
i have seen it on eBay for 360.00 buy it now. . .I am sure shipping charges will be added. . .

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately, Ebay ones are not warrantied by Pioneer.
Jandr has it for $399 shipped I believe. I am going to call BHphoto to see if they have it. Both are in NYC which is close to me (northern NJ) and both Authorized dealers.
Most likely order from one of them today.

Scott Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator
I picked one up yesterday myself to replace my Denon 1803. I haven't run the MCACC yet, just did some manual adjustments and had an hour or two of listening time but I'm very impressed! I look forward to more listening...

MikeGee

Second Unit
For me it has been a tie between the yamaha 5760 and the pioneer 1014. I am patiently waiting to find a local retailer(in canada) that can get me a good price on one.
Good luck with your new 1014 (jelous)

Scott Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine at Future Shop. They were regular $699 CDN, on clearance for $594 CDN. My buddy and I were both interested in buying one, and we had talked the sales guy down to $549 each. Then my buddy noticed a $499 price sticker on the side of one of the boxes, which was the price they offered on boxing day. Even though it was expired, he said they'd honour the price on one and sell the other at $549, so we split the difference and paid $525 each (approx $430 USD).

MikeGee

Second Unit
see thats what i'm looking for. thats over 100$ off the price i got quoted.I'm on a last resort now.. my system has to be finished soon or i'll go bonkers. So i might just end up having to pay stupid canadian prices.

MikeGee

Second Unit
Over here my future shop doesnt carry the 1014tx, and the 5760 is going for 650$canadian. I'll go tommorow to see if i can manage to bring that price down if i say i'll take a pair of Athena AS-F2's.

RyanJE

Second Unit
Hey you guys Im not sure what the price of shipping to Canada is but go to Pricegrabber.com There selling for 340 usd pre shipping. I no a lot of the companies are in New York so it may not be a whole lot to ship there.

MikeGee

Second Unit
The problem with ordering a receiver online for me is
A) brokerage/customs
B) shipping is usually pretty high
C) warranty issues
after all that it ends up being a slim to no diff in price unfortunatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks