Gomer Pyle

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John*Wells, Jun 12, 2005.

1. John*Wells

John*Wells Stunt Coordinator

John
    Any news on when this show might be out ?? I am assuming that Paramount owns the rights? I figured when Andy Griffith started to come out, Gomer wouldn't be far behind

2. Barbara.G

Barbara.G Stunt Coordinator

I would like to have this show too. It was a good one.

3. John*Wells

John*Wells Stunt Coordinator

John
    I've always wondered if the hold up had something to do with Andy Griffith or Jim Nabors approving the release?

4. DanMel

DanMel Second Unit

Gomer Pyle should be released by Paramont during the first quater of 2006 according to the news on sitcoms on line:

"Now for the final part of our week long Paramount TV DVD feature. Today we head on to good 'ole days of rural television--in Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. We heard some things already about this next show from TVShowsonDVD.com that it is coming on DVD, but I think this show has a big enough following that I should reiterate it and give further information. It is now been confirmed that this is indeed coming from Paramount! Paramount has targeted an early first quarter release, possibly in late January. So golly that is not too far away!"

They also mentioned that Wings season 1 will be released sometime in 2006 as well!

http://sitcomsonline.blogspot.com/

I must admit that Gomer Pyle is my second favorite 60's TV show behind only Hogan's Heroes. Actually, it is my second favorite show of all time as I like many of the 60's shows better than any of the other decades.