gomer pyle usmc.season 1

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by marcSo, Aug 19, 2006.

1. marcSo

marcSo Stunt Coordinator

Finally we are getting this classic show on dvd.The first season was in black and white the remaining 4 seasons are in color.according to tvshowsondvd.com the first season will be released on dec 12th WITH EXTRAS.andy griffith the final season will also be released on the same day.these are two that will be on my christmas list.

2. GlennWD

GlennWD Stunt Coordinator

Here is the Link
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6312
    This is great news, I still have to pick up the final couple of seasons of The Andy Griffith Show, I have been holding off on them because I didn't care much for the color seasons. But it is great that we are getting Gomer on DVD. I love those extra's I wish they had that kind on Andy Griffith. Audio Commentaries by Jim Nabors Thats wonderful. I can't wait. Artwork could have been better though in my opinion.

3. ScottLloyd

ScottLloyd Stunt Coordinator

I was about to start a thread about this.

I'm on the fence about buying it but the extras may sway me. We shall see.

4. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

This is GREAT news! I will be purchasing all 5 seasons. This was one of my favs....

"well, golly Sgt. Carter!"

5. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

Surprise, surprise, surprise! There was already one in existence. You were even the last one to post there:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...ght=gomer+pyle

Wonderful news about this release and I feel confident that all five seasons will see a release in light of its tie-in with the hugely popular TAGS. The cover looks predictably like a tv promo shot (makes me wish there was no such thing as photoshopping) but as long as the prints are comparable to TAGS, I'll be very happy with this set.

GP really hit its stride in the second year when we see more interaction with the civilian world. This is also when Nabors and Sutton perfect their comedic chemistry. Still, by midway through season one anyway, the show achieved its formula and pacing exceedingly well.

"You're six foot ain't ya? Well you look six foot!"

Grandpa Pyle

6. ScottLloyd

ScottLloyd Stunt Coordinator

I was thinking I posted in another thread before. [​IMG]

So I did a search for Gomer Pyle before I started a thread and found this one at the top. I didn't bother to go down the list and see if there were others.