What's new

Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series - march release (1 Viewer)

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Ben, I expect that we will see some of Jim Nabors in those great old Carol Burnett Show skits...and I hope he was able to contribute on camera more recently with Carol, Vicky, Lyle and Tim in reminiscing in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the show's premiere...really hope so...we will see if they were able to do that for the new special on Sunday night...here's hoping...

piekielrl

Grip
Real Name
Robert
Can someone here please clarify - Does the complete series DVD release have Gomer singing "This Train is a Going Home Train" from season 3 episode 22 "To Re-enlist or not to Re-enilst"? I saw the episode a week ago on METV and the song WAS there, so somewhere it is out there. I really would like to get a copy of it, or even just watch it on YouTube.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Can someone here please clarify - Does the complete series DVD release have Gomer singing "This Train is a Going Home Train" from season 3 episode 22 "To Re-enlist or not to Re-enilst"? I saw the episode a week ago on METV and the song WAS there, so somewhere it is out there. I really would like to get a copy of it, or even just watch it on YouTube.
I answered in the thread you started.
I checked the DVD of the episode in question. It appears to be cut. Gomer holds a guitar in the barracks, but is never shown singing. The episode time is also short by a minute and a half.
View attachment 46119

piekielrl

Grip
Real Name
Robert
Use the following information which I tracked down, as a double-check on your findings:
Does anyone have a video of the Re-enlist episode where Gomer is shown singing "Going Home Train?" I saw it aired on MeTV a couple months back, complete with the song. Thanks!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I know that it's been a very long time since I've posted any GP:USMC episode running time posts! We're in the midst of some major life changes, with a looming massive move in our near future. I will try and resume posting these, if not now, then hopefully once we've settled in our new place later this August!

CHEERS! :)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I managed to watch the end credits theme for "Gomer the Peacemaker" (season 2, episode 14) tonight on Me-TV, and the whole end credits theme was NOT butchered at all! The rendition of the theme tune heard during the short portion of the end title before the last commercial break, and the full version of the end title theme song heard under the longer portion of the end titles are both fully intact!

~Ben

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Sadly, Forrest Compton, who played the stern but fair Battalion Commander Lieutenant Colonel Edward Gray on GOMER PYLE, USMC, is yet another representative from the world of entertainment who has fallen victim to the COVID-19 pandemic, having died at the age of 94. :(

Forrest Compton (As Lt. Col. Edward Gray), and Frank Sutton (As Sgt. Vince Carter) on his right. The name of the suited gentleman sadly escapes me, at the moment!:

forrest-compton_3254575.jpg

Apart from Wikipedia, this is the only other source of Forrest Compton's passing that I've seen, so far:
https://shelterislandreporter.times...-announces-the-first-deaths-from-coronavirus/

As posted in Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Compton

STAY SAFE EVERYONE!!!!

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I Seem to remember Opie Joins the Marines being in Season 2 of Gomer Pyle. which would have been season 6 of TAGS where the Taylors in Hollywood happens. And I remember Gomer bringing Andy to the Duty Hut. I remember Andy asking Opie if hes ready to come home. I also remember Carter telling Andy that spanking Opie would not be the best way to handle him running away as Carter's father had done to him at Opie's age when Carter ran away. There also seems to be No mention of Opie having run away on any subsequent TAGS episodes. Nor do I remember any mention of Goober or Aunt Bee ever visiting Gomer at the base. Am I missing something ? I dont know if anything is ever mentioned in Season 2 or 3 of Mayberry RFD that explains seeing Gomer. His Exit from the Marines is never explained on screen. It is implied in Return to Mayberry. Gomer appears with Goober as now owning the Garage

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Sadly, Forrest Compton, who played the stern but fair Battalion Commander Lieutenant Colonel Edward Gray on GOMER PYLE, USMC, is yet another representative from the world of entertainment who has fallen victim to the COVID-19 pandemic, having died at the age of 94. :(

At least Forrest was of advanced age when the COVID-19 felled him; a lot of others have not been so lucky.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My favorite Episode is Gomer the Welsh Rarebit Fiend from Season 3 . I had some Welsh Rarebit recently. Im sure Sutton, Nabors and Schell all had a blast with that episode

edit.

speaking of welsh Rarebit

E6F4716B-4AF3-428A-8352-E270A1855076.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks