Golfer Or Lover Of Photography? I Need Advice.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_A, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

I have been searching and searching (to no avail) for a beautifully photographed print with a golf theme. Living in Minnesota, I want something I can look at when it is 30 degrees below-zero and get absolutely lost in it.
    Perhaps, you know what I mean? A panoramic sort of shot of a manicured green, surrounded by trees. The sun might even be rising to capture morning dew that is so detailed you can almost feel its wetness.
    Might anyone know of any photographers who are commercially famous for this sort of thing? I have no interest in the Leroy Nieman types and their painted interpretations.
    Thanks for any information! [​IMG]

2. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

Jeff,
    This may sound strange, but I got my dad a sweet photo of Amen corner from the Skymall magazine on a Northwestern flight. Find someone going on a trip and tell them to pick up a magazine for you. Check this link for some nice photos.
    Jason

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Rob Perry has some gorgeous photographs of golf courses. I saw his name on http://www.webshots.com where you can download some of his desktop pictures (800x600 are the free ones) and look at. I don't know if he sells to individuals, but you can contact him and ask.
    /Mike

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I have seen some beautiful photographs of the par 3 12th hole, as well as the two back nine par 5's, at Augusta. Also, don't knock all golf paintings. My wife bought me a beautiful painting of the par 3 7th hole at Pebble Beach, which has waves from the Pacific crashing against the rocks near the green. It is very life-like, and keeps me going through those long Michigan winter months. I have seen paintings of Augusta holes that also look very realistic.

If you are a USGA member, their merchandise catalog will sometimes have these types of photos and paintings. Sometimes they will feature that year's U.S. Open course.

5. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Thanks to everyone for your input. BTW, those are wonderful links (Jason and Micke) - much appreciated! [​IMG]