What's new

GoldenEye Transfer? (1 Viewer)

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The disc has a very nice anamorphically enhanced transfer. Not quite reference quality due to slightly inconsistent black level and skin tones, but still very good.

Adam

Britton

Screenwriter
I believe the transfer for Goldeneye dates all the way back to the 1997 DVD that came out in a snapper case, and had little or no extras. It also included a pan & scan version of the movie. The transfer was definitely IMO one of the better ones that were found on the earliest DVDs. That being said, I would buy a future DVD with remastered video.

Jeffrey Bane

Agent
I picked up the SE last night for $12, and was planning on watching it tonight with my boys. Thanks for the feedback.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
One shot was re-framed to hide a boom mike dropping down into the picture (when Bond says "The writing's on the wall").

KimK

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched it 2 days ago and noticed that the transfer was a bit soft overall, but it's still very good. B+

Jeffrey Bane

Agent
We watched it last night. I would have to give it a B+ as well. Pixilization (sp?) was evident in a few too many scenes.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Have to agree about the soft image. It just doesn't cut the mustard when put up against today's transfers - but then again, none of the Bond dvds look particularly good. TWINE is perhaps the best overall for pq, but the english 5.1 mix on the dvd sounds very compressed (on both the R1 and R2), so we can't have a good picture AND good sound on the Bond dvds. That would be too much for MGM to manage, I think.

The transfer on the R1 GoldenEye SE has always bugged me, so I think the time is right to replace it with the R4 version. Ditto for Licence to Kill - the R4 has had 'corrected' audio since day one.

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
As someone already mentioned above, the bass on the Goldeneye disc (and Tomorrow Never Dies as well) is extremely overcooked. I found the audio on the verge of unlistenable.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
All the explosions etc. sound the exact same almost. Same exact bass. It gets real annoying real quick.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Anyone heard the Licence to Kill:SE track? I found the music to be mixed quite overpoweringly.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Anybody directly compare the new Goldeneye with the old one? It seems that they are the same transfer, but with out the pan and scan transfer inlcuded I would hope the new one would be at least a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks