What's new

Gold starring Roger Moore blu ray 9/18/18 (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I may have missed this one in the kino thread, but I am excited about it..

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/gold-blu-ray-1

Looks like it does have an audio commentary.

I have an old crappy cheap dvd copy of this film. Was a dvd or blu ray ever released with the audio commentary that Roger recorded for the film??

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I may have missed this one in the kino thread, but I am excited about it..

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/gold-blu-ray-1

Looks like it does have an audio commentary.

I have an old crappy cheap dvd copy of this film. Was a dvd or blu ray ever released with the audio commentary that Roger recorded for the film??
The UK blu-ray only had these two extras:

• Trailer - original trailer for Gold. In English, not subtitled. (2 min, 1080p).
  • A Matter of Class - an excellent documentary focusing on the life and illustrious career of Roger Moore. The documentary contains various extracts from archival interviews with the British actor, Michael Caine, publicist Jerry Pam, producer David Niven, Carroll Baker, and author Jackie Collins, amongst others. In English, not subtitled. (49 min, 480/60i).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The UK blu-ray only had these two extras:

• Trailer - original trailer for Gold. In English, not subtitled. (2 min, 1080p).
  • A Matter of Class - an excellent documentary focusing on the life and illustrious career of Roger Moore. The documentary contains various extracts from archival interviews with the British actor, Michael Caine, publicist Jerry Pam, producer David Niven, Carroll Baker, and author Jackie Collins, amongst others. In English, not subtitled. (49 min, 480/60i).

Cool. So the Moore audio commentary for this one remains under wraps..

Just like the quantum of solace special edition and Forster audio commentary....

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Cool. So the Moore audio commentary for this one remains under wraps..

Just like the quantum of solace special edition and Forster audio commentary....

watching this one tonight.

does anyone know why clearance was never made for Moore’s audio commentary??

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
It would have been interesting to have on the KL bluray. I love the film though, it was a blind buy but I really enjoyed it. I have all of KL's Roger Moore films outside of the Naked Face.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It would have been interesting to have on the KL bluray. I love the film though, it was a blind buy but I really enjoyed it. I have all of KL's Roger Moore films outside of the Naked Face.
I have a few of his other films too. I was going back to see what other ones have audio commentary by Roger too.

I have the wild geese on dvd. It has a commentary. tango label. I’m not sure if this is the same audio commentary that was used on the blu ray / dvd combo release.

The man who haunted himself network blu ray has a Roger moore audio commentary.
I also have Sherlock Holmes in New York on blu ray and it also has an audio commentary by moore.

I have Ffolkes and Gold by kino.

mpi did a dvd release of the two part saint episode vendetta for the saint and it contains an audio commentary that network didn’t include on their set.
The persuaders Blu Ray set by network has one commentary by Roger as well. If I recall it seems like it was pieced together with tony Curtis commentary.

Did I miss any?

some of Rogers films (that I didn’t mention) I bought on vhs many years ago and I have only seen them once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks