What's new

Gold feet, any Ideas... (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
A number of pieces, speaking of my older equipment, have black oval disc feet or rubber snubs for feet.
Im kinda anal about the looks of my equipment, but with sound quailty certainly first.
Problem--- Any suggestions on where I might locate the newer stye gold brushed alum look feet you find on most recievers, dvd, cd, ect equipment nowdays? ~~~ Yes, I understand that all feet are not interchangeable, but with some modifications should be able to make something work.. Have done this with one piece allready, useing feet off a friends junked reciever and custom fitting them on to one of my Amps.
Finding a place to get more or buy them is the problem!
Might some of the manufactures, Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, H/K, etc be willing to sell you feet?
Priced reasonable, probley not?
So any ideas where to locate these, any brand any kind?
Thanxs
Geoff

Kevin T

Screenwriter
you can always hit up pawn shops for junked out receivers and the like. check on ebay for damaged goods and so forth as well. you could possibly contact some of the manufacturers you mentioned and see if you can't purchase the feet directly from them or if they can point you in a direction to find them. good luck.
kevin t

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
Premier sells gold feet for their speaker stands. They retail for $100 for a set of eight. Your local Paradigm dealer should have them. There is a link on the Paradigm site for Premier.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Thanxs for the ideas guys...
I did indeed e-mail Yamaha product support, and much to my suprise, in less than an hour sent me a e-mail confirming they do sell (real alum gold feet). Needing 6 total for just fronts of the remaining pieces of equipment, they only had 4 in stock and would order the rest for me.
I expected them to be overly priced and to my suprise only 6.87 per set, and 1.95 to ship. If all six are ordered at them same time shipping stays the same 1.95...
So I ordered, and soon will have them. Cheap cosmetic fix for my anal (things just have to look right along with sounding good). Im sure most would find this not too be bothersome, but this (the mixed types and colored feet thing) bugs the shit out of me.
I will soon feel better and can stop takeing my prozac! :)
Kudos Yamaha~~~~)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Three attemps at posting, not showing on my server! Brings topic to front page and current but not showing my post.
If they come up later, admin please delete two carbon copys.
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks