What's new

Going with a Plasma (1 Viewer)

Steve.Carr

Auditioning
So, with my extensive research this past week and the obligatory co-worker poll, I have decided that the projector is going to have to wait. With that, i have decided a 42" Plasma would be the way to go. Now I know everyone has their opinions, but I do need suggestions for a HD ready Plasma in the $2k range...I'm trying not to go above 2500. So please suggest away. I'll be using this for DVD viewing, a minimal amount of digital cable and the eventual PS2 (or 3, we'll see!!) I would aslo like to be able to hook my computer to the screen now and then for photo viewing and slide shows. Thanks!

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
Of the reviews/tests I've seen the overall best rated plasma's are the Panasonics but a 42" is going to be right at or just over the $2500. Pioneer seems to do well also. The reviews in Sound & Vision and Consumers Reports both showed genuine quality difference with price.

Robert Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
In about a month (or as little as 2 weeks, it's kind of unknown at this point) the new Panasonic 60U 9th generation consumer plasmas should be available. I've seen a price on the 42" at $2250 plus shipping from an online factory authorized dealer. My guess is that this TV will be your best bet.

Steve.Carr

Auditioning
I realize we have some sponsored retailers on the site...has anyone ordered from them? Do they warrant delivery problems and the such. The main reason I ask is because I found a smokin' deal on a Panasonic that i liked and a Pioneer in my price range. I am very hesitant about mail order Plamas...

Discuss...

Robert Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
If you're buying from a factory authorized dealer (who happens to also be a forum sponsor) you shouldn't have a problem. Most of these guys live by their online reputations. If you have problems, just start a smear campaign on this website and avsforum.com and you're bound to get a response from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks