Going to the Lakers-Nets game tomorrow (12/19/02). Which Lakers team will show up?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Dec 18, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

My fiancee is taking me to the Lakers-Nets game tomorrow night (12/19/02) as part of my Christmas present. I am a Lakers fan, and the rematch of last year's championship series scares me. This is not the same Lakers team that won the championship in June, but I hope it is at least a close game. If the Lakers show up, maybe they will actually win. Who do you think will win?

2. Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99 Second Unit

God i HATE LA so i hope they get spanked every game. However, I do realize its early in the season and most likely being the basketball whore that i am know that eventually they will turn it on and go on a tear. All I know is I am rooting for ANY team to win it all this year as long as its not the Lakers.

3. Colin-H

Colin-H Second Unit

I'll be there, too.

I hope to see the Lakers go down, if only to have bragging rights for a few moments over my Laker-loving housemate.

4. KenC

KenC Agent

Ken
    I hope you see the Lakers that played Sunday night, not the ones I saw last Friday night at the Staples Center.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Ken, that's just it. The Lakers this year seem to lack focus. Some times they show up, other times they don't. It's as if they accepted that they could not win without Shaq, and then when Shaq returned, they expected to win just because. It just doesn't work that way at the NBA level.

6. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I haven't seen a game this year where the Lakers have shown up to play a great game; the Mavs game was just a great 4th quarter. The Lakers are a bad basketball team.

I like New Jersey's chances because they are the better basketball team, they are at home, and they want to get some payback for last years NBA Finals sweep. I just don't see the Lakers being able to match the Net's intensity tonight.

7. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

I hope the Lakers that want Lebron James from the lottery show up.

8. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

I’m not sure that this is not a typical Lakers’ season. Excepting the injury, the Lakers of recent years always seem to get off to a mixed start. Usually some internal squabbling and other distractions. They don’t get down to business until later.

As a Mavs fan, I can only hope for the worst, as I’d like the home court advantage here in Dallas next year.

9. Sebastian

Sebastian Second Unit

I hope the Laker's lose every game from here on out. They are way to cocky! I love to see the looks on their faces when they get be everyday. Ah poor Shaq, maybe you should start rapping again, he he. Raps about as good as he shoots free throws.
    They were not the best team last year, should have lost to Sacramento but they choked and let the Laker's beat them.
    Oh well, live in learn.

10. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Lakers 71
    Nets 98
    Ouch! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now you know why I was scared. What a mess, especially the second half. Kobe tried to do too much. Just about every shot he took was a tough one. He simply took far too many low-percentage shot. He forced the issue. It was very frustrating.

11. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Well, the Lakers lost again, this time to the Sixers. Nice catch, Rick Fox. [​IMG] [​IMG]