Going to Costa Rica in a week

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Paul__A, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Paul__A

Paul__A Extra

I'll be there for 7 days over spring break with some friends. We'll be spending a lot of our time hiking, doing the ziplines, and going to the beach for some sun. I've never been there before, not really sure what to expect in terms of food or how to get around. Any advice on what to see/do? Thanks!

2. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

I have travelled extensively in Latin America and you should have no problems in Costa Rica. This "banana republic" has an extremely high population of Americans in permanent residence there. The country has no armed forces and is protected by other countries in the area, primarily Guatemala. One word of caution, while hiking, be aware and never, ever wander out into the jungle or off the trails in bare feet or sandals. Always wear good heavy hiking boots with heavy trousers tucked into the tops; the reason, the Fer De Lance viper. Probably the most toxic snake on the planet. Other than that, enjoy.[​IMG]

3. DwightK

DwightK Second Unit

Surfing at Tamarindo. See the primary growth rain forests. Half day fishing trip but barter with the dudes on the beach to get a better price. Caught a 70 lb. Rooster fish and a TON of yellowfin tuna. Whitewater rafting. Mountain biking. The Pacific side is more civilized with a mostly drier climate. The Carribbean side is more ummmm, dangerous (drugs).

Two trips there, one for my brothers wedding at a resort near Tamarindo and the other at a camp in the Osa rain forest hiking and such.

One place I will return to for a vacation. I Do not like the cities (not anywhere actually) so that isn't fair.

4. Jim Sentry

Jim Sentry Stunt Coordinator

The most impressive sight we saw was the volcanic eruption. Make sure you see that.