1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Going to Cal Ripken's last game....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Slack, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

Not for a good reason, at all, but I figure I should take what I am given...
    I had plans to catch 3 Sox vs. O's games at Camden Yards this past weekend. I had already canceled the trip (even before the games themselves were cancelled-- just more interested in seeing friends and family given the circumstances.)
    Anyway, the re-scheduled tickets for the first two games I had are during the week, so I think I'm going to tell my friend to find someone else to take them. However, we have 6 tix (all taken) for Saturday, Oct 6th, which will be Cal's last game!
    I will be neat for me, being a diehard baseball fan (and even more so for my group of friends that are actually O's fans!), too see such a historic game.
    Wish I didn't acquire them in such a way though. [​IMG]

2. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

I know what you mean though Bill...I am a big Ripken fan, and its neat he's finishing his career at home; but it just feels absolutely wrong considering why this is the case. I don't have tickets, and I'm glad you will be there. It's really sad...I wonder if Cal even feels guilty considering the circumstances?

3. Al Fischer

Al Fischer Stunt Coordinator

The crap from last week made it possible to see Tiny's last game here in SD. The Padres will finish the season at home against the Rockies. I had tickets to last Sundays game, which is now good for Tony's final game.
    Enjoy seeing Cal's last game.