What's new

Going to buy Evil Dead 1,2,3... Which ones? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I know this has been rehashed before but with new editions of them scheduled, what do I do now?

Evil Dead 1: I don't really care about the Book of the Dead edition. Movie only edition on March 5th ok?

Evil Dead 2: The THX Edition with the crappy cartoon on the front?

Army of Darkness: Both "Screaming Ash" edition and the bootleg, right?

Julie K

Screenwriter
Evil Dead 1: You can wait for the 1.85:1 version or buy the excellent Elite version now.

Evil Dead 2: Yep.

AOD: Yep.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
If you have a little patience, I'm willing to bet Anchor Bay will release a box set with their best versions of all three. The book of the dead version will have lots of extra supplemental stuff on the second disc, but if all you want is the movie well presented, you are probably OK. I haven't seen it yet, but will probably stand pat with my Elite DVD.

Regards,

Julie K

Screenwriter
There's another thread (about AB dropping Within The Woods) where Anchor Bay states that a box set will not happen. So get 'em now.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Evil Dead- Wait for the THX disc on March 5th.

Evil Dead 2- Get the one with the cartoon on the cover.

AOD- Get the Screaming Ash and the Bootleg edition. Together they make up the LE.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Michael Felsher (the same guy who participates in the excellent Anchor Bay chats here at HTF) has stated recently in the clearest possible terms that there will not be a box.

"Many people have suggested that Anchor Bay are holding out on WITHIN THE WOODS to include it later in some other EVIL DEAD DVD or an EVIL DEAD TRILOGY box set. There are no other EVIL DEAD DVD's planned at this time. Also, there will NEVER be a box set with all three films included. Each of the three EVIL DEAD pictures are owned by separate participants which would make a box set highly difficult for a variety of reasons. Disregard any rumours you may read about a box set. it is not going to happen, ever."

In the same message (which tails the other EVIL DEAD thread on the boards right now) Felsher mentions Sam Raimi's preference for the 1.85:1 version - the version that was originally screened in theatres. (Amusing that some folks criticised the Kubrick full-screen DVD transfers as they differed from the theatrical presentations, but felt the exact same thing was okay for EVIL DEAD). The BOOK OF THE DEAD version (which I'm going to get) does contain close to 50 pages of printed material along with the DVD. Your call though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks