Going to buy a set of JMLab Speakers Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Morrison, Sep 18, 2002.

1. James Morrison

Ok, I want to buy some JBLab speakers to be used w/ a Pioneer 811.

I was thinking about the chorus line... Which ones should I go w/? Should I buy the sub or should I go w/ a shiva?(I can build boxes easily)

Thanks,

James

2. Orin Dym

Orin Dym Stunt Coordinator

Need more information. What size room will this be in? What budget? Also, speakers are really an issue of auditioning first, then deciding. Do you have a local dealer who carries JM Lab so you can audition them, and maybe try them out in your home with your gear? Buying a pair of speakers based on what people say, without hearing them, is like asking me to make a meal for you that you will love--you do not know how good a cook I am, and I do not know your food preferences.

3. Brae

Brae Supporting Actor

What is JM Labs' website?

4. Brandon Blair

Brandon Blair Stunt Coordinator

Here is the JM Lab website, www.focal-jmlab.fr
    Yes there is one store in Birmingham that does carry the JM Labs, it is called Audio Forest. www.audioforest.com
    James, earlier this summer JM Lab had a special on their Chorus line of speakers, where you could get all five (2 - floorstanding, 2-bookself, and Center) plus the Chorus sub, all for $2000 even. This combination would normally cost $2700 at retail. I know that at Audio Forest they have 2 sets left from that special, both in black, that they are still selling at the discounted price.
    Email me at [email protected] and I can get you in contact with the owner of the shop, it happens to be my dad.
    You've defenitely picked out some great speakers, if you do decided to get them I promise you won't be disappointed.
    Good Luck,
    Brandon