Going to Best Buy in a few minutes, need your help!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott_E, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Scott_E

Scott_E Stunt Coordinator

Well, I found this old gift card to Best Buy that still has $20 dollars on it. So, I'm going to go buy a game. Well, here's some of what Ive narrowed it down to. Ive never played any of these games before, so I'm looking for opinions. Alien Vs. Predator 2 , Red Faction (either PC or PS2 version), Max Payne (PC version), Twisted Metal Black, Midnight Club street racing. Thats what Ive got so far, Of course they'd be right over 20 dollars so its not a big deal. Any opinions or other suggestions?

2. James_A

James_A Stunt Coordinator

If you feel that you're going online with your PS2, don't get Twisted Metal because that's gonna be the game that comes with the online adaptor....

other than that, I've never played any of them... so ??? maybe check IGN or Gamespy or Gamespot?

Jim

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Max Payne is great, though you have be into a good action title. It can get a tad repetitve towards the end. The story is good and its good fun.

Red Faction is a quality FPS. I played and beat the PS2 version and now own the PC version. The variety of vehicles is fun but the stealth missions are utter garbage. Besides those I would recommend the game. Go for the PC version if you can. The bump in resolution and framerate is nice, though if you can only find the PS2 version, its worth it as well.

Alien Vs Predator 2 would be my best recommendation. The variety of gameplay (Predator, Alien and Marine) and the multiplayer add up to a great package. The atmosphere in the marine missions is worth the money alone. You ever wanted to play the movie Aliens? You get as close to it as ever in this game!

4. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I've tried all those (except midnight club racing) and they were all "ooo, wow, neat" for the first 5 minutes, then I couldn't stand them. Same old stuff that has been out there for years.

5. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

Red Faction

6. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Aliens Vs. Predator or Max Payne

7. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Where did you see that Twisted Metal was coming with the network adapter? I was just looking at the preorder, and there was no mention of a pack-in game (which would be somewhat strange).

-Dave

8. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Dave F,
    There's been mention that the network adapter will include a demo disc and a coupon for a free copy of TM:B Online

9. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

i think the adapter actually comes with an online version of Frequency, im not sure if this is in addition to the TMB:O coupon..or just the only thing it comes with.

10. BrianB

BrianB Producer