going to be in Indianapolis Sept 2-8 what to do?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by JeremySt, Aug 25, 2003.

1. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Ill be attending CEDIA sept 2-8. is there anything going on in indianapolis movie related that I should attend? Any theaters that show classic movies or special screenings? Hopefully there is something worthwhile.

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Naptown. My birthplace. And I got nothin' for ya. Haven't lived there for 50 years.
    How about driving a few miles up the road to Fairmount and visit James Dean's grave?
    Turns out it's about 75 miles up the road. Too bad.

3. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

You just missed the Kurosawa film festival at the Castleton Arts theater. You can browse through www.indystar.com for area events and interests. You might also want to send a private message to Seth Paxton with your information request, since he is the forum's resident Indy area film expert.

Brad

4. Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka Supporting Actor

You can watch the colts lose to the cleveland browns

5. Mark Frank

Mark Frank Stunt Coordinator

Castleton Arts is the only special interest theatre in Indy I can think of off the top of my head. We also have an IMAX downtown but their website doesn't list what will be showing then yet.

Other stuff to do:

Downtown is really nice in general. Lots of restaurants and things to do. Check out the Indianapolis Motor Speedway if you're into that sort of thing. I'll post more if I think of it.

Oh, and if you want to watch the Colts BEAT the Browns you'll have to watch it on TV or go to Cleveland. [​IMG]

6. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy

Im a huge F1 fan. Too bad that happens after Im gone. Maybe next year. I will be checking out the speedway, though. Go Williams BMW!