What's new

Going to 7.1, what to match with Take 5.2? (1 Viewer)

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

I'm moving into a townhouse soon and I've been planning my HT setup. I gave my brother my Denon 1802 and I will likely upgrade to the 3805. I've been happy with my Energy Take 5.2 speakers, but I decided that when I wire my house I might as well run two extra sets of speaker wire for a future 7.1 setup.

At first I thought of just getting two more Take speakers, but I've decided I'd like a less noticeable look (smaller or inwall) for my surrounds. For example, I liked the look and sound of the Mirage Micro Omnisats.

My question is should I try and stick with speakers from Energy, mix and match or maybe even replace my surrounds completely? I realize it'll come down to what sounds the best for me, but I thought I'd ask for a few opinions before I begin my search.

Thanks!

John

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

I'm moving into a townhouse soon and I've been planning my HT setup. I gave my brother my Denon 1802 and I will likely upgrade to the 3805. I've been happy with my Energy Take 5.2 speakers, but I decided that when I wire my house I might as well run two extra sets of speaker wire for a future 7.1 setup.

At first I thought of just getting two more Take speakers, but I've decided I'd like a less noticeable look (smaller or inwall) for my surrounds. For example, I liked the look and sound of the Mirage Micro Omnisats.

My question is should I try and stick with speakers from Energy, mix and match or maybe even replace my surrounds completely? I realize it'll come down to what sounds the best for me, but I thought I'd ask for a few opinions before I begin my search.

Thanks!

John

Drew_W

Screenwriter
If you can afford (in terms of space and money) the larger speakers, I'd say move the current front L/R to surround duty and get new mains. That'll do you much better for music and for general H/T performance. Even something like the C1s will be a huge step up for not too much money...they will match perfectly with the other Energy speakers and look striking without the grilles. I've done what I suggest here with my Take 5.2s, only I went with Veritas 2.1 mains. Night and day difference.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
If you can afford (in terms of space and money) the larger speakers, I'd say move the current front L/R to surround duty and get new mains. That'll do you much better for music and for general H/T performance. Even something like the C1s will be a huge step up for not too much money...they will match perfectly with the other Energy speakers and look striking without the grilles. I've done what I suggest here with my Take 5.2s, only I went with Veritas 2.1 mains. Night and day difference.

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I hadn't thought of that. That gives me the option of making a gradual updgrade. So using C-1/3 & C-C1/3 with the Take 2.2's as my surrounds would provide an acceptable match? Thanks again.

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I hadn't thought of that. That gives me the option of making a gradual updgrade. So using C-1/3 & C-C1/3 with the Take 2.2's as my surrounds would provide an acceptable match? Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks