Going Outdoors

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Joe_P, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Joe_P

Joe_P Auditioning

I have narrowed my search down to three outdoor speakers. These will be placed under the roof soffit over the rear deck, and will simply be used when working in the yard and grilling. The pricing on the below models is the best I have been able to locate. Please provide your recommendations.

Boston Acoustics Voyager 7 $450 shipped
    Niles OO-25 $360 shipped
    Klipsch SA-2 $390 shipped

Of the three listed above, which should I go with? No ability to listen to any of them. My indoor HT setup consists of Klipsch Reference all the way around, with the exception of an HSU sub. These outdoor speakers will be remotely driven by the two rear channels of my HK AVR325. Communication will be established with the HK HE1000A Remote IR Receiver. Any superior options that I have overlooked in this price range?

Thanks much,

Joe

2. JoeHard

JoeHard Stunt Coordinator

I've used a pair of Boston's in a similar type of application for about 10 years. I've alway's been happy with them and take them down in winter. I'm not saying they are better or worse than the other choices, as I have not heard either,only that the Bostons served me well.

3. Joe_P

Joe_P Auditioning

Thanks JoeHard. I have a Boston system on my wife's puter, and it has done quite well over the years. Still undecided on the outdoor set. I guess not too many people around here are interested in taking sound outdoors......

4. charlie o

charlie o Stunt Coordinator

i bought some mirage outdoor speakers from tweeter that sound decent. They were the best sounding that they had. Cant remeber the price though.