What's new

Going out to purchase the 563...would anyone like to tell me to hold on? (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
The pressure has gotten to me. I am wanting to sell my JVC 723 this week to a friend so that I can go out and get this legenday new dvd that everyone raves about. I am just hoping i can get someone to warn me if I am not getting something at least marginaly better than my JVC which looks great but at time skips frames (video jitters?) and doesnt play CD-R. It has a nice film like image though and its hard to part with a player that once sold for around $900 or so. Any JVC to Pioneer converts (or anyone) out there can give me some ideas? Thanks!

CurtisC

Second Unit
I just picked up a 563 for my son,he's selling his 723.I would say you get a lot for the price,you can only expect so much at $170.It outperforms the jvc,imo(which will soon break down,he's on the 3rd one)in audio and video,and you get sacd.I would say the 723 does look better though,again imo.I did compare it to my Denon 2900,it made me feel a little better about spending 1k on the Denon.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Hey Kier! How are ya?

I picked up a 563 during the Onecall special a few weeks back, and I'm satisfied with it. I can't tell you about the video performance as I'm using it strictly for audio, but the audio performance seems pretty damn good. DVD-A soundstaging isn't as wide as with my Panny CP-72, and obviously the 563 has some setup quirks - but on the whole the ease of having a universal player that does a solid job for $170 does the trick for me :)

BTW, the Sig 2.0 is still justa plugging away and working great!!!

Keir H

Second Unit
Hey Tim! Thats great, I am happy to hear you still have it and enjoying it even with all the new stuff thats out with EX ES DPL2 ect... I am wondering how it would sound in cd playback as well. Some say that its an equal to the Pioneer 45A. I have not heard it either but have seen many reviews on it though. Maybe I'll just try it before i sell my JVC 723.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks