What's new

Going Nuts!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

I know this has been covered many times, and I'm ashamed I cant figure it out. I'm trying to connect the following:
Denon Avr 3803
Panasonic RP 91
Toshiba 36HF72
Treat me like the dummy that I am and be as specific as you can be. I've got 2 sets of component cables, 1 optical, and plenty of composite cables. Thanks for your patience. I've lost mine.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Component video from DVD output to Receiver DVD component input.

Toslink (fiberoptic) from DVD optical(Digital)output to Receiver optical(digital)input. (This may require you to assign the Digital input via the onscreen display, if your receiver has one.)

Component video output from Receiver to the TV component video input. You will also need to connect L/R audio cables from the receiver to the L/R audio inputs on the TV if you are going to use the speakers in the tv.

L/R Audio output from TV to the TV audio inputs on the receiver. This will allow you to listen to the audio portion of OTA signals through your receiver & speakers.

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
David: Here's what I would do...assuming that your Denon will be used to power your speakers with all sources. (In other words...you won't be using your tv's speakers)

DVD: Component video out(3 cables) to Denon Component Video In & Digital Audio (either coaxial or optical) to Denon Digital Audio In.

VCR: S-Video (If you have it) or Composite video out(1 rca to rca cable) to Denon VCR video input. L/R VCR audio out to Denon VCR audio input.

Satellite or Digital Cable: S-Video (If you have it) or composite video out to Denon TV video input. Digital audio or L/R analog audio out to Denon TV audio input.

If you have regular cable I would take the cable from the wall & split it w/ 1 cable going to your vcr and 1 cable going directly to your tv. To use your system speakers you would then need L/R audio cables from your tv to your Denon TV audio input.

Denon component video out to TV component video in.

To choose a source, select the DVD or TV or VCR button on the Denon remote & the proper TV input & you should be good to go.

Think of your receiver as a switch box. It will always be receiving audio & video. It will pass the video along to the tv and amplifiy the audio for your speakers.

Let us know how you like the Denon...I've been happy with my 3802.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks