What's new

Going Greek (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I first remember reading about this frat comedy two years ago. I read positive reviews for this quite a while ago on both Aint it Cool News and Dark Horizons. This seemed like the kind of college comedy that would easily be picked up for distribution to cash in on the popularity of the American Pie movies. However the website for the film hasn't been updated in over a year.
Does anyone know if somebody bought the distribution rights for this either theatrical or straight to video? This seems like a comedy I would love to see.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I was in Bestbuy yesterday, and saw this on the shelf for 6 bucks. It looked pretty cheesy and direct to video, but for 6 bucks I figured it was worth a shot.

It starts out kind of lame setting up all the cliched characters you would expect, but about 15 min in it starts picking up. There were some great gags I dont want to spoil, a decent amount of quality nudity, and at least a couple memorable characters. Even though in the end I would call this a b grade film it was still loads better then some other crap I bought sight unseen, ie Van Wilder.

Even though this probably belongs in software I'll make a couple quick comments about the dvd. First, its non anamorphic and pretty low budget, but its still watchable. I watched this on a fp display using the lite on 2001 to scale it to 16x9 ratio. It was good for non anamorphic but occasionaly some jaggies showed through because of the scaling. There werent many extras, there was a making of I didnt watch and a video segment showing that they tried to record a commentary but they couldnt remain coherent enough during it to bother including it on the disc.

Anyway, definetly worth a rental and probably worth purchasing for 6 bucks.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Anyone? Bueller?

Surely somebody else here must have seen this? According to the website this was headed to Showtime in the spring of 04. So perhaps some have seen this on cable.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, ever since I read that Susan Ward didn't have any, um, revealing scenes in this I lost all interest... :D

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
One of my old high school buddies was a producer on the film, Kevin Conlon. He had a pretty funny outtake scene, in which he was the kid in the wheelchair.
I thought the movie was pretty decent, in a direct-to-cable way. Though I did laugh at the "Greenwich Cardinals" reference.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey Chung, ask Kevin if he's got some choice Susan Ward footage that he can share... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks