What's new

Going FP--connection questions (1 Viewer)

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking of going FP in my 17'x22' dedicated HT. The NEC LT150 is right in my sweet-spot budget wise so I might go with that. I currently do not have a progressive-scan DVD player so I will have to upgrade. I'm not considering HTPC at the moment because of stability questions. I'm wondering if connecting the PJ to the DVD player is as simple as plugging in the component video cables to the PJ?? I hear stuff like scalers/line doublers and am wondering if I need to worry about these things as well. In order to ceiling mount the PJ, I will need around 40 feet of component video cable--do I need to worry about signal degradation?? The NEC needs a VGA to component-video adaptor--do you know where I can get this??
Thanks for any help/advice......

Jim Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator
Each projector's requirements are different. For the LT150 specifically, if you wanted to use it with a progressive-scan DVD player all you would need would be cable with a VGA connector on one end (for the PJ) that breaks out into three RCA-terminated cables on the other end (for the DVD player.) You can get these cables for less than $50 easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks