Going crazy trying to decide which receiver to purchase! help!

iami

Grip
Real Name
Sean
so i pretty much purchased my entire HT system this week, and my receiver is the missing link. here's what i have so far.

tv:
Sony KDS-50A2000

speakers:
Hsu research VT-12
w/ STF-1 subwoofer

dvd player:
Phillips DVP5960/37

media/game system:
ps3

now i have a small size room, about 10x12, and im looking for a receiver with excellent video and audio inputs. i need 2 hdmi inputs, and enough power for my speakers. Im looking very closely at a few denon systems such as the Denon AVR-2307CI and possibly the Denon AVR-2807, but i hear that is too powerful for my speakers. System will mostly be used for movies, and some music. Other possible candidates include Onkyo TX-SR647, Yamaha RX-V2600, & Pioneer VSX-72TXV. upconverting analog sources to 480p would be nice, and phono input is a must.

help me home theater forum, you're my only hope!

iami

Grip
Real Name
Sean
after a little more research, the Onkyo TX-SR674 is looking better and better (for a more resonable price as well). Agree? Disagree?

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I have owned two Onkyo surround sound receivers, both were excellent IMO. They have good features, and are very user friendly. They do the little things that all companies that manufacture receivers should do, like always having a way to set all the parameters and any settings available w/out a remote, just in case you loose yours or the batteries are dead and you are to cheap to buy more.

I have found the user interfaces of Pioneer, Yamaha, Sony, and Denon all more difficult to use than the Onkyo receivers I have owned. This is just my personal experiance, and there may very well be better and dare I say easier to use receivers out there, but Onkyo drives a hard bargain, go for it.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaywess