Going Ape!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee_eel, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

I am a huge movie fan with a list of favourites including Shawshank, Elephant Man,Deliverance, LA Confidential, Jaws, Halloween, Seven, Silence of The Lambs and the first two Aliens. So my next statement may seem strange to some!

Hurry up with the Planet Of The Apes sequel. I loved this film. Tim Roth was great and i look forward to seeing General Thade in the next movie. I also like Mark Wahlberg. Why? i have no idea. I know he is a little wooden but i just liked the character. I know i should really hate this film but i don,t. I even thought the ending was ok. Now somebody else please agree with me!
    (Has anyone heard any rumours of a sequel?)

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I thought that this film got bashed so much that they didn't plan to make a sequel, and personally I'll be happy if they don't.

3. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

It made alot of money and that is usually reason enough for a film to get a sequel. Tim Burton has gone on record saying that he never had plans to be involved in a sequel. It was a one time project for him.
    I agree though, Tim Roth was great. Amazing to think that he was the quirky Bellhop in Four Rooms.

4. Mike Hutman

Mike Hutman Supporting Actor

If it makes you feel better. I didn't hate the movie, but I was also not a big fan.

5. Dave Wy

Dave Wy Auditioning

My family also enjoyed this movie when they first saw it. The kid's had not yet seen the original(s) (they have now and actually prefer the old ones most of the time, as well as the 70's television episodes.) Even my wife, who hates sci-fi, enjoyed the latest version. As for myself, I have to say I thought it was a good take on the theme, and I found the ending to be satisfying, if a bit forced.

6. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

I enjoyed the movie in the theater, but it doesn't hold up to repeat viewings for me. But if they made a sequel I'd likely see it.

7. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    :b From your topic header I actually thought you were talking about that cheesy comedy starring Tony Danza, Danny DeVito and three apes! [​IMG]
    I agree about the 'PotA' sequel. The ending of the original made me angry, and Tim Burton stating that he made it confusing on purpose didn't help either. I want an explanation! [​IMG]