What's new

Goin' to see Wayne Shorter Quartet tonight (1 Viewer)

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
3rd row, center

wayne shorter
john patitucci
danillo perez
brian blade

probably the best collection of musicians i've ever seen.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: hehe. it was 2nd row, center.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Sweet!

Wayne Shorter is back in top form. His latest album is a nice bit of everything he can do. And John Pattitucci is one of my favorite bass players.

Unfortunately, the only time I saw Shorter live is in a duo performance with Herbie Hancock at Carnegie Hall, playing composed music. Not my thing.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Wayne Shorter is awesome...I think the jazz mags picked him as one of the best last year. Danilo Perez is quite good as well and appeared on several good Latin Jazz discs on Chesky.

Also speaking of good jazz, I picked up the new Wynton Marsalis and I love it. One of the better jazz albums I have heard so far this year. :emoji_thumbsup:

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Better see that review...

I guess it's about time I picked up that recent Shorter. Just finished listening to Night Dreamer yesterday. Yum.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

Wouldn't surprise me. Jazz critics and fans have been clamoring for him to return to the challenging hard bop of his younger days which he often abandoned for fusion or composed music, and a lot of it just felt tired. Somehow, he found a way to energise himself and become relevant again, tapping into that well of talent we all knew he always had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks