What's new

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hopefully this mash up will be better than the previous two films respectively.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I guess I'm really getting old or out of touch in regards to Hollyweird.

I read the above news and I didn't know who a single person was is in the supposed "start studded" cast. :huh:

"The cameras start rolling on the heels of progressively exciting announcements for the film’s star-studded cast, which now includes Alexander Skarsgård, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Jessica Henwick, Julian Dennison, Kyle Chandler, and Demián Bichir. Many of these actors will be reprising their role from the upcoming Godzilla: King of Monsters, which stars Bobby Brown, Chandler, Zhang Ziyi and Ken Watanabe and hits theaters next year."

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You must just be out of touch. I'm 60, so I guess the "getting old" excuse can't be applied. But really, you don't recognize ANY of those actors?

Alexander Skarsgard: True Blood, The Legend of Tarzan, Straw Dogs, East Bound & Down...
Millie Bobby Brown: Stranger Things, Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Kyle Chandler: King Kong, First Man, Argo, Manchester by the Sea, The Wolf of Wall Street, Friday Night Lights...
Rebecca Hall: Vicky Christina Barcelona, The Town, The Prestige

And come on, this is a press release for an action/adventure film. They've been over-hyped since the dawn of time.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Seriously, I'd need to Google each one to see if I recognized them. Of all the movies listed there, I think I've seen one of those movies, maybe two.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I guess I'm really getting old or out of touch in regards to Hollyweird.

I read the above news and I didn't know who a single person was is in the supposed "start studded" cast. :huh:

"The cameras start rolling on the heels of progressively exciting announcements for the film’s star-studded cast, which now includes Alexander Skarsgård, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Jessica Henwick, Julian Dennison, Kyle Chandler, and Demián Bichir. Many of these actors will be reprising their role from the upcoming Godzilla: King of Monsters, which stars Bobby Brown, Chandler, Zhang Ziyi and Ken Watanabe and hits theaters next year."

You must just be out of touch. I'm 60, so I guess the "getting old" excuse can't be applied. But really, you don't recognize ANY of those actors?

Alexander Skarsgard: True Blood, The Legend of Tarzan, Straw Dogs, East Bound & Down...
Millie Bobby Brown: Stranger Things, Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Kyle Chandler: King Kong, First Man, Argo, Manchester by the Sea, The Wolf of Wall Street, Friday Night Lights...
Rebecca Hall: Vicky Christina Barcelona, The Town, The Prestige

And come on, this is a press release for an action/adventure film. They've been over-hyped since the dawn of time.
I knew the first three in your list, but the rest, I don’t. This happens to me all the time.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
So if Godzilla takes place in modern times, and skull island took place around 1974, this is going to be a battle between a youngish lizard and a 60 something year old gorilla?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You guys might as well just skip the movie then, huh?
I doubt anyone is going to this film for the human "stars". It's just hilarious that they're calling this a star-studded cast considering the names they've listed.

It reads more like a season cast list for "Dancing With The Stars" (which is also a misnomer, most of the time). ;)

Last edited:

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Oh, I agree that the terminology is over the top but again, this is a press release for an action/adventure film featuring a giant lizard and a giant ape. It's designed to drum up excitement about the production and is simply following a grand Hollywood tradition.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Oh, I agree that the terminology is over the top but again, this is a press release for an action/adventure film featuring a giant lizard and a giant ape. It's designed to drum up excitement about the production and is simply following a grand Hollywood tradition.
I'd rather they try some honesty:

"Well, we wanted to get some big movie stars for our film, but here's who we were able to get:"
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks